Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Blu-ray Deals

32K views 99 replies 34 participants last post by  eljay 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Just saw BSG seasons 1,2 and 3 at Costco for $19.39 per season! Fantastic price. This was at the Kanata Costco, not online, but in the past whenever there was a deal like this at one location, most other locations had it as well. Not sure why S4 was not available, but perhaps other locations would have it.

#14 ·
My new 3D TV arrived yesterday. I didn't really know how little there was worth watching in 3D, or how much the movies cost. I hear Avatar is the best of the bunhc now but you cannot buy it separately -- only as part of a bundle with a Panny TV or player; How To Train Your Dragon is also very good, but it's $40 or close to that -- wow, isn't that a 2-year-old movie? Anyhow, anyone know of any good deals (price *and* worth watching).

#16 ·
We have 9-year-olds in the family, so Resident Evil is out of the running. I checked out the UK Amazon site and their prices on 3D movies, in general, are better (especially if you don't get dinge for any duties/taxes -- not sure how that works but if it's under $30 what are the chances of incurring these fees?) As well, they have some movies that only have the 3D disc, and skip the 2D blu ray and the DVD -- that's got to drive the prices up. They also had some links for some sponsored sellers and I saw many selling Avatar-3D at various prices (some were links to eBay auctions though).

#17 ·
Most 3D movies at amazon uk are not zone A compatible. Becareful what you buy.

In the GTA you can find many vendors sell legitimate Avatar 3D for $30 (albeit Asian edition making navigating through the disc a bit tricky)

3D movies are a pain to buy but FS and BB often have 3D sales where you can buy quite a number of 3D movies for $20 Tbut never Disney).

#23 ·
HMV has selected BR's...4 for $20 or $7.99 each.

Selection includes:

Rounders
The Arrival starring Charlie Sheen
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
An Empress and the Warriors (Donnie Yen)
5 Deadly Venoms
Fearless plus another Jet Li movie
Legend of Drunken Master (Jackie Chan)

etc.

Dave

#26 ·
Read on another forum that Costco has 3D blu rays of Captain America, Thor and Green Lantern on for $25. I'll check out my local store later -- if true, I'll pick up Captain America. Haven't seen it, heard it was decent, still don't have a 3D movie (other than the coral reef one) to go with my 3D TV.

#27 ·
Well, I got Captain America 3D blu-ray, for $25. There were a few titles at $25 and a few more at $28.

Also just saw the Future Shop flyer and they are advertising $10 off on 3D blu-rays (selected, I'd bet) with a trade in of a DVD. They say *any* DVD. So there are some titles that can be had for $20 after the trade in.

They also have non-3D blu rays that have a $5 trade in discount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.