Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell Fibe TV and SlingPlayer Mobile

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  griffin145 
#1 ·
I recently just got Fibe TV installed and I am also using Slingbox for the first time.

I have uncovered an issue that I think is specific to Fibe TV so I logged it here.

I have been able to get the Slingbox to control the Fibe TV box using Motorola 1216. The Sling Player for Windows connects properly and I get the Fibe TV guide through Zip2It etc.

When I setup my iPad/iPhone (it bothers me that I have to buy the app twice BTW) I noticed that the program guide doesn't load. As soon as I go to the Sling version of the guide, I get a popup message that says "EPG No Data - No data is available for selected time.

When I switch to other providers in the Slingbox Setup (ie to Rogers), the guide loads fine in the iPad app so I know its not a fundamental issue with the iPad app.

One thing I noticed and I don't know if this is the problem but during the Slingbox setup, you have a step where you can review the channel lineup when you select the provider. The channels are correct (for Fibe TV) but I noticed that some channels are duplicated (523, 528, 530 etc). I wonder if this is causing a problem when the channel lineup is sent to the to iPad mobile app.

The guide for Slingbox comes from Zap2It. I went directly to the Zap2It website and I don't see the duplicate channels for their Bell Fibe TV lineup. This might actually be an issue with Zap2It's data but the SlingPlayer app should be able to handle this issue more graciously if it is related to the duplicate channel issue.

I logged this issue with Slingbox support but I was curious if anyone else has noticed this? I haven't been able to find any other references to this.

See less See more
#3 ·
am considering a switch from Rogers' Nextbox to Bell's FibeTv, but still need/want to use my Slingbox HD Pro....So I have 2 questions:

What is the proper sequence for all the hardware to be connected?

...and does the Slingbox HAVE to be connected to an actual tv or just to the cable box and router?

I ask cause I don"t want to piss off home watchers by changing channels remotely when I am on the road....

At your earliest convenience

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
am considering a switch from Rogers' Nextbox to Bell's FibeTv, but still need/want to use my Slingbox HD Pro....So I have 2 questions:

What is the proper sequence for all the hardware to be connected?

...and does the Slingbox HAVE to be connected to an actual tv or just to the cable box and router?
It doesn't need to be considered to a TV.. It just needs a Internet connection and to be connected to the STB.

Your signal path is easy. Fibe box into the slingbox.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.